Monday, January 15, 2007

Now I'm ready for school

Well, it is the start of the second week back to school from winter break. My winter break was GREAT! Not that I did anything special, I just relaxed at home. Had Christmas breakfast with my family, had Christmas dinner with my husbands family and kicked it with friends at home for new years eve. My break felt Looooong, that was a problem. When I got back to school, it was HARD to get back in the groove of things. From Tuesday to Thursday I had a major case of the BLAHS! It was real work to keep on task. Friday I finally felt better.

So Now, I feel pretty good. Its Monday night (thank goodness for three-day weekends), I'm organized for the week and can even go to bed early so I can go to the gym in the morning.

In my Intro Physical science we are going over electricity. We will be doing a lab with batteries and Christmas lights. I have never done this lab before so it should be interesting. In Biology we are going over transcription and translation. I have a notesheet for that one. A notesheet is a graphic organizer for students to take notes on AND still pay attention to lecture. In a way it is a way to ensure students have organized notes to study from.

My next goal is to look to see how to get students to use their notes effectively!

No comments: